Listen to an audio transcription of this post
Hair dents aren't just a cosmetic inconvenience of tying up your hair. They're a sign that your hair is being damaged by (unnecessary) friction and pressure.
The good news is that you can avoid hair dents entirely with Blissy's mulberry silk, luxe no-crease hair ties.
We'll help you avoid the dreaded hair dent for good. Read on!
What Causes Ponytail Dents?
Let's first go a little more into what exactly causes those unsightly dents, creases, and hair breakage.
Traditional hair ties, scrunchies, and elastics are often coated in fabrics that cause friction on hair strands. This leads to breakage and split ends. Hair damage is also caused by pressure from the hair tie itself.
And don't even get us started on non-fabric elastics, and worse yet, rubber bands *cue music from Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho*.
No need to fear. Blissy's mulberry silk, no-crease hair ties are friction-free! Silk has 43% less friction than cotton, making silk a superior material for no-crease hair ties.
Plus, silk won't absorb your hair's natural oils or leave-in products, leading to glossier, healthier hair.
Haircare Pro Tip: For buying the best, no-crease hair ties—buy silk, not satin. Satin is not the same as silk.
Don't be fooled by ads touting the beauty benefits of satin hair ties, because these products are often made from subpar materials.
How We'll Help You Fix the DREADED PONYTAIL DENT
Blissy is an expert in hair health. Our hair accessories are designed with both fashion and nourishing hair care in mind. Our scrunchies are no-crease and no-dent, of course, which effectively eliminates the risk of unwanted hair marks!
As you can see in these photos, wearing our scrunchies won't leave dents in your hair while other non-silk hair ties will.
We've also received tons of positive testimonials from customers saying how our scrunchies make their "hair silky smooth" and leave "no indention in it even after being pulled up all day."
Better yet, our no-crease hair ties come in 3 sizes that work perfectly with all hair types, whether you have straight hair, curly hair, fine hair, or really thick hair.
Hair Care Tip: Have longer hair? Our oversized scrunchies are perfect for your lengthy locks!
Plus, Blissy Scrunchies are super chic
Our silk scrunchies come in a wide variety of stylish colors and patterns. From elegant Gold to Pink Tie-Dye, you're bound to find a design you adore.
When your hair isn't pulled up, wear our luxe scrunchie on your wrist—it's far more fashionable than any other hair tie! And you'll be ready to go whenever you want to put your hair up.
We also offer other luxurious, silk accessories with the same happy-hair perks (and other beauty and wellness benefits, too). This includes our Beauty Bands, Head Pieces, Sleep Masks, and more!
Hair Care Tip: Say goodbye to hair dents with our silk scrunchies and other luxe hair accessories!
More Ways to Protect Your Hair
Our no-crease hair ties are more than just glam. They're nourishing hair accessories that'll help your hair stay healthy and hydrated. Use them to pull your hair up during the day and at night. They'll help protect your hair overnight while you sleep.
Have curly or textured hair? Protect your curls even more with a Blissy Bonnet, which is better for your hair than a non-silk cap and it won't cause dents in hair!
To maximize your hair's health, use our scrunchies in conjunction with a luxurious Blissy Pillowcase. Our Blissy Dream Sets are the perfect combo to achieve happy hair and skin.
Other tips to prevent hair dents:
- Wear our ultra-soft sleep mask to bed
- Need the perfect hair-dent-free headband? Choose one of our Beauty Bands or Head Pieces!
- Don't pull your hair up too tight, like in a high ponytail or top knot. The tension can break your hair over time. Try wearing a loose bun, low pony, braid, or gentle twist instead.
- Don't wash your hair more than necessary. Use dry shampoo between washings if needed.
- Put down your hair dryer and styling tools! Style your hair without heat as often as possible to reduce damage.
Hair Care Tip: Avoid using a blow dryer on high heat on sopping wet hair. the hot air from a blow dry can cause damage! Dry your hair to at least 80% on low heat before turning up the heat.
Have Happy, Healthy Hair With Blissy
Ready to get rid of those pesky creases and hair dents for good? Never see a hair dent again while using our ultra-soft and luxe silk scrunchies and other products.
Looking for more tips on how to have the happiest, most radiant hair? Browse the Blissy blog!
- Salle, K. (2023, January 18). Wait—Do Rubber Bands and Hair Ties Actually Damage Hair? Byrdie. https://www.byrdie.com/do-rubber-bands-damage-hair-6751891
- Valenti, L. (2015, July 25). 5 Ways You Didn’t Realize Your Hair Ties Are Ruining Your Hair. Marie Claire Magazine. https://www.marieclaire.com/beauty/news/a15206/hair-ties-bad-for-hair/
- Schneider, K. (2022, December 13). Here’s How Often You Should Wash Your Hair. Cleveland Clinic. https://health.clevelandclinic.org/the-dirty-truth-about-washing-your-hair/