Listen to an audio transcription of this post
As February 14 approaches, couples rush to find the best gifts, the top dining reservations, and the most creative ways to say I love you.
The Valentine's Day romantic love-fest is great and all, but don't our lady friends deserve some love, too!?
The answer is YES. That's where February 13 comes in. It marks an unofficial (but should be official) holiday. Happy Galentine's Day!
On February 13th, tell your partner to make other plans. Because, honey, Galentines Day is the day to celebrate our female friendships, and every woman in your friend group deserves to be pampered!
Read on to hear some of the best Galentine's Day gift ideas! There's no right or wrong way to celebrate, but why not go all out to celebrate Galentine's Day?
Galentine's Day—A Day for You and Your Lady Friends
So, we already know a little bit about Galentine's Day—it's a made-up holiday that celebrates love for your gal pals each year on February 13. But, where did it come from?
Galentines Day comes from the American comedy TV series, Parks and Recreation. This same show also brought you another amazing made-up holiday: Treat Yo' Self Day. (Yes, you better treat yourself each year on October 13th).
Galentine's Day is a portmanteau of the words gal + Valentine's. The fictional character, Leslie Knope (played by Amy Poehler), birthed the holiday more than a decade ago in the show's second season. There are seven seasons, by the way, so this holiday has been on our calendars for a while—since 2010, to be exact.
On Galentine's Day, a day dedicated to your best girls, celebrate the ladies in your life and pamper them!
How to Celebrate Galentine's Day
Let's go over a few of the best ways to celebrate Galentine's Day, with gifting your ladies high-quality, self-care gifts at the top of our list!
Show your closest gal pals you love them with luxury gifts
Choose luxury gifts from Blissy to pamper your best friends because:
Ladies don't usually buy themselves luxe, self-care gifts.
- Don't expect their man to know the best luxury gifts! Make sure your best girls are pampered by gifting them Blissy products.
- Blissy has a variety of luxurious, superior-quality, sleep products that make the perfect gifts for Galentine's Day. Plus they have the largest, most stylish color and pattern choices available!
- Blissy is an OEKO-TEX certified, eco-friendly brand, which ensures only the best, safest quality.
- By gifting Blissy products, your girls will see how much you care for them, and it'll encourage them to focus on self-care!
What better way to say Happy Galentine's Day than that!?
Galentine's Day party ideas
There are plenty of ways to throw a Galentine's Day party. Give your luxurious gifts during a girls' night, at a pajama party, a tea party (yes, tea parties aren't just for kids and older women, sheesh), or a spa day. Or, kick it breakfast-style with festive drinks!
Don't forget to show your mom some love this Valentine's Day!
5 Blissy Luxury Gifts Your Favorite Ladies Will Love
These Blissy gifts are practical, stylish, and perfect for pampering your gal pals!
1) Blissy Silk Pillowcase in Pink
Blissy Silk Pillowcases are exquisitely soft, made from the highest quality grade 6A, 22-momme mulberry silk.
Although they come in 43 other colors (yes, that many!), pink is the perfect option for Galentine's Day. You don't need to reserve hues of pink and red just for Valentine's Day. Share the love with your girls, too!
Plus, your ladies will enjoy the amazing beauty benefits of sleeping on a silk pillowcase. They include shinier, healthier hair, more radiant skin, fewer new fine lines and wrinkles, and fewer night and morning allergies, to name a few!
2) Blissy Head Piece in Rose Gold
Your girls will love this stylish, deluxe mulberry silk Blissy Head Piece. It adds a touch of glamour and elegance to any outfit.
Blissy Silk Head Pieces won't snag or tug hair, nor will they absorb skincare products. And, of course, rose gold is a sophisticated color perfect for Galentine's Day.
3) Blissy x Marilyn Monroe Sleep Mask
What screams glamour and female empowerment more than the Hollywood icon, Marilyn Monroe?
Your favorite ladies will sleep better in this 100% mulberry silk sleep mask. It even includes a quote from the starlet herself: "I'm dreaming the hardest." Plus, this cute saying in red pops perfectly against the glam white background.
4) Blissy Sleep and Pillow Mist in Jasmine and Eucalyptus
Blissy Sleep and Pillow Mists are one of our favorite Galentine's Day ideas. They're crafted from 100% essential oil, with amazing aromatherapy benefits for your friends to enjoy.
The jasmine and eucalyptus mist in particular has a floral, herbal, calming aroma that'll help them sleep better. And, jasmine has been known to help create a romantic mood.
5) Blissy Dream Set in White
Why give one luxe silk gift when you can gift a set!?
Thes Blissy Dream set includes all ultra-soft 100% silk items: a standard pillowcase, sleep mask, scrunchie, and skinny scrunchie. This way, your girls can enjoy the beauty and wellness benefits of silk for their skin and hair!
Plus, white is a neutral, sophisticated color that will complement any style.
Spoil Your Best Friends This Galentine's Day
Hopefully, these Galentine's Day ideas have inspired you to pamper your favorite ladies. Because every woman deserves to be spoiled. Self-care is so important.
Help your best friends indulge in a little self-care by gifting Blissy! With amazing beauty and wellness benefits, Blissy gifts will pamper your girls, improve their skin, help them sleep, make their hair glossier...and more!
So, what are you waiting for? Get gifting! Happy Galentine's Day—oh, and Valentine's Day, too!
- Editors of Merriam-Webster. (2022). 'Galentine's Day': Meaning and History. In The Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary. https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/galentines-day-meaning
- Spencer, S. (2020, October 13). Treat Yo’ Self Day: Why “Parks and Recreation” Fans Celebrate October 13. Newsweek. https://www.newsweek.com/parks-recreation-treat-yo-self-day-october-13-1538534
- Wikipedia contributors. (2022, June 10). List of Parks and Recreation episodes. Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Parks_and_Recreation_episodes
- “Parks and Recreation” Galentine’s Day (TV Episode 2010). (2010, February 11). IMDb. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1559851/